I ordered an EDC Low Profile Belt from Original SOE.The sizing instructions say, "These belts will adjust outward several inches but don't get much smaller than the size you order." I ordered a 32" belt and the smallest it would go is 35".

Related: Original Soe Gear - Edc low profile belt

I also didn't like the way it overlapped in front (as compared to the, far superior designed G Hook Belt by Volund Gear), so I asked if I could just return the belt.

I figured, any halfway decent company owner is going to offer to cover ALL the shipping costs and replace the belt with the correct length, so I would be saving him money, but I was told they would exchange the belt ONLY and I would be responsible for shipping the wrong one back, plus paying $8 to cover the cost of shipping the correct one to me. WTF? This was NOT my fault! Why should I pay $16 MORE because THEY screwed up?

I asked John Willis that question (respectfully) and he stopped returning my emails.What a ***!

Review about: Edc Low Profile Belt.

Review #772078 is a subjective opinion of a user.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Original Soe Gear Belt
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not as described / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Original Soe Gear?

Comments

New Johnsonville, Tennessee, United States #1275542

I am John Willis.We make and ship over 1000 belts a week.

We get 2 or 3 guys like you a month.

Thats 2 or 3 out of 4000.Our sizing is just fine.

The SOE belt sizing instructions also say to ORDER THE SAME SIZE AS YOUR PANTS.I wear 38" pants so I ordered.......

A SIZE 38 BELT and NO ISSUES.

If your pants say "32" go ahead and measure your waist..

it will be 2-4 =inches larger in actual measurable inches.

To avoid the hassle of having to measure your waist or to measure an old belt you already have from end to the hole you use, etc..SOE belts are fitted and sized based on male pants size.

Only for female belt sizes will they need to actually be measured by the customer WHILE she is wearing her pants.

to Anonymous Medford, Oregon, United States #1217148

Anonymous = John Willis

shughlett

Did you measure your pants as well??

Btw, if you look at Comp tac FB you'll see where i asked about a problem and get no response. Its been 6 months and my issue is publicly posted on their fb reviews section, my last name is Burke and anyone can see how i was ignored. Luckily i had bought from amazon like i mentioned.

jim
Centralia, Illinois, United States #1104817

I've heard the same experience from others also, they aren't worth the risk considering how many companies that exist that would be more than happy to make it right.Comp Tac belts are the best bang for the buck, they aren't good about service after the sale but the belts I've bought are thick and stiff with kydex between leather layers and no mistakes or long waits.

Amazon sells their products backed by amazons return policy.Win win

Obviously you were unfamiliar with the product and failed to read the shipping/return policy.